STEM on Wheels

STEM on Wheels

Monday, June 8, 2015

United States Air Force Museum Trip


            TRIP THEME- Air Force History
Learning About planes from the past


Trip overview/ things to do  

On this trip we went to the Air Force Museum and Eastwood Park. At the Air Force Museum we had the choice to go see one of the movies there and we also walked around and learned more about the history of the Air Force and planes there. The air force museum had three main sections of planes. The first section was early air craft. The second section was aircraft from WWII and vietnam. The last section had modern aircraft. There was also a section for spaceships. After the Air Force Museum we went to a park called Eastwood Park. At Eastwood Park we went hiking, played on the playground, looked at the river, and just chilled for a very easy day.
Safety tip: Do not wear a jacket around your waist because it could get caught in the bicycle's chain.
Our most memorable experience was being in one of the bomber planes at the air force museum. 

Directions

We left through the north side of the school parking lot onto the iron horse trail until the creekside trail. Then we turned right into eastwood park then took the bike trails there to route 4 which we followed to the entrance of the Air Force Museum. Google Maps

Kettering, OH 45420


Our most memorable experience was being in one of the bomber planes at the air force museum. 

The ride is mostly flat and smooth. Although the ride is mostly smooth the ride to the museum is uphill but it is only a steady incline. 

The Air Force Museum


Biking Stemmerision in front of the Wright Flyer


Double propeller plane

 World War II airplane

The predator drone

Entering the bomber plane

In side a bomber plane

Nuke

Stealth plane

Sterling getting his wings

Six cylinder Wright flyer engine

 The first big airplane 



"National Museum of the USAF - Home." National Museum of the USAF - Home. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 June 2015. <http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/>.

11 comments:

  1. The varying pictures in this blog post let me feel like your walking through the museum with the group. Or at least I felt like I got a taste of what is there from all of the planes. The safety tip was extremely helpfull as well since I often wear my hodies around my waist in the hot summer. - Jonathan Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned during this trip that the wright brothers developed one of the first self propelled and self launching bombs. I also learned that armed guards are terrifying.
    (you may want to put the names of the planes if you know them or look them up.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The amount of things to do at the museum could have taken all day, and the pictures really helped describe what we chose to do and the safety tip is very helpful for people biking in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The varying pictures in this blog post let me feel like your walking through the museum with the group. Or at least I felt like I got a taste of what is there from all of the planes. The safety tip was extremely helpfull as well since I often wear my hodies around my waist in the hot summer. - Jonathan Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned that it is important to always carry a spare tube with you wherever you go. We were on the way back from the splash pad, and my tire popped. Luckily, someone else had a tube that was the size of my tire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caleb Poulson:
    I learned through this trip more about the Halocaust. Though this topic is a well-known one, I was actually quite clueless about the feeding conditions that the captured Jews endured. In the concentration camps, the prisoners at times got less than 1,300 calories per day (far less then required intake). Considering the labor intensive and physically exhausting activities they did, most of the captured experienced severe malnutrition, organic deterioration, and eventually death.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trevor Edmonds- I enjoyed going back to the Airforce Museum and talking to some experts on the history of aviation. I was really hapoy to see the tip about not wearing your hoodie around your waist while riding your bike.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When we went to the Air Force Museum I learned that they had crew tunnels in some of the airplanes because they didn't want to waste oxygen filling up a larger area.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lauren Dalton:
    I enjoyed learning at the Air Force Museum many new topics. Going around the museum I learned that all airplanes are different in one way or another. Some of them had different engines, wings, propellers, etc. This enables the planes to complete different tasks. The museum was divided into sections based off of the wars the planes flew in. I will remember this information because of this wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Air force museum is always a fun place to go to and look at. The sculptures and airplanes are sweet. It never gets old. I can't wait to see the new building they are putting up. I wonder what they will be putting in there!

    ReplyDelete